Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm doing a Book note thing, I guess!

So a few of my friends have been doing "Book Notes," which involve writing down 15 books that you think will always stick with you. Keep in mind I limited myself to one book per author, to keep things a bit varied.

1) The Cthulhu Mythos - Lovecraft
2) Thud! - Terry Pratchett
3) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
4) The Hobbit - Tolkein
5) Watchmen - Alan Moore
6) The Gunslinger - Stephen King
7) Dune - Frank Herbert
8) The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
9) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
10)1984 - George Orwell
11) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. Dick
12) A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
13) The Gods of Pegana - Lord Dunsany
14) The Conqueror Worm - Mike Mignola
15) Areas of My Expertise - John Hodgeman



I don't want to go into them all in any great detail, because that would take literal eons. Just know that every one of these has influenced my life and my writing immensely, and I STRONGLY recommend all of them. I may have been cheating with Watchmen and Conqueror Worm, since they are graphic novels, but I guess you have to deal with it 


Just for you, Glenndl


Scream Fest was excellent,  and I was slightly less cowardly then I predicted. My friends and I were some of the only people there over 15, and MAN we felt old. The haunted houses were pretty freaky, and I saw a certain terrifying zombie child in the maze. We also saw the guy from Guinea Pig shove a meathook through his nose and out his mouth then hang a bowling ball from it, which was... entertaining?

4 comments: