Friday, October 22, 2010

What is wrong, robot?

Gamma World was amazing.

This was the first time I ever DM'd a table top game (and only the second time I've ever played one) and the experience was completely unbelievable. It is no secret I love to write, and being a Dungeon Master is a writer's wet dream. I was telling a story that was constantly evolving, needing to change and adapt my narrative in accordance to fate and the unpredictable actions of Ratagan Manrattington (Medic), and Longshanks (Lex).

For example, the first enemy they were facing was a small robot that they were meant to kill before moving on. Instead, they made it cry and convinced it to join them in their adventure. That wasn't in the plan. But it sure was awesome.

A sketch of the party's robot, "I.G."
During their misadventures the trio managed to fight off radioactive birds, find a car, befriend a race of pig-men, and nuke a group of living plants. They were pretty productive.

I can't wait for the next session, where the party will brave the Bow River and reach St. Mary's high school, which is probably filled with snake people or something. I will have to see.

In other news, I am swamped with homework! Oh jeez oh jeez. Back to commentaries and questions!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment