Monday, September 20, 2010

Reach for the Stars

I am currently playing Halo: Reach and it is pure fantastic-extract. Everyone should play it or be thrown in space jail (don't space-drop the space-soap in space-jail or you'll be space-raped). The armor abilities are a great addition, but who would use anything other then jetpacks. I mean, come on.

It's a jetpack.

Click for larger version
So I started drawing the rough draft of this but I liked it so much I just decided to clean it up a bit and use it. It's still pretty messy, but redrawing it would've taken forever and I am a busy man. Hopefully when I buy a tablet things will be easier and the comics will be nicer and more plentiful.

Hopefully.

All of my two other friends with blogs have been doing "serious" blog posts recently, which I find pretty dry but I guess I have to be popular so here it goes:

My dream is what many, many people would call a silly one.

To make a career based around webcomics.

See? You probably laughed. And you have a right to. I have never told this dream to anyone for multiple reasons. Among these reasons are my lack of artistic prowess and the difficulty of making it in the webcomics business. I realize that these are both valid issues, but to my credit my art is improving quite a bit, and it will continue to improve as long as I keep working at it. As for the whole "making it in the industry" thing, well, that's completely accurate.

It is after all a dream, and dreams don't often come true, but if I can keep making comics on a regular basis through university and afterwards, I have a not-bad chance of picking up a decent base of followers and a steady stream of income through advertisements and prints. This will in no way be my sole source of income, but even being mildly successful in this field would be fine with me. It will just be a thing I do on the side while I'm out fighting pirates on the back of mighty eagles with a great sword forged from the bones-

DANGIT. 

Well look at that. I almost did two whole paragraphs about something serious. New record?!?

Now I have to get back to thinking of a product for my Junior Achievement group. I still think we should sell bags of these, but apparently selling terrifying hairless rodents to office workers is a bad idea. Their loss.

2 comments:

  1. How is my post on Monkeys a serious post? LOL

    I like your dream. I didn't laugh. =D

    ReplyDelete