Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tears

Welp, looks like I gone went and wrote another vignette. HOW DARE I. But yeah I got this idea in a social class, from a drawing I made (wasn't a box) and it took off from there. I may post a cleaned up version of the drawing on Monday, if I can get it just right. Anyways, hope you like this.

Tears

Yesterday one of my old acquaintances invited me over to his house, claiming that he would show me something I had never seen before. He brought me down into his basement and there was a cage, and inside the cage there was a monster. A lump of dark, oblong flesh, with a horrible set of pincer-like horns on one end, and a rounded stump on the other. It had three muscular, writhing limbs, each a different size, which it used to drag itself around in a fashion that was as pathetic as it was repulsing. It was covered in bulging veins and bloody slime, like a giant tumour that somehow came to life. Between its horns was a hole I assumed was a mouth, and from this hole poured a clear, slimy liquid, that coated the floor and everything around it. It had no visible eyes, ears, or nose, but somehow it detected us, and started banging its limbs against the bars of the cage while shrieking at us like an angry child. Stammering, I asked my friend if it was dangerous, and he said that it would kill me if it got the chance. It would grab me with its arms and bash me against its horns until I died, and then it would squeeze the blood from my lifeless body and absorb it into its skin. I asked him where he found it and he said that it wasn’t found, it was made, and that more are being made. I staggered back, not sure what to make of the man I thought was my friend, and this monster writhing and twisting before me. He told me to relax, that they were not weapons or fiends, but merely creatures to be used for science and medicine, for organs and fluid and muscle. He fed it cows to keep it alive, and it was always hungry, always seeking to kill and feed. I chuckled nervously and asked if that was why it was salivating to such a degree. My companion smiled and told me that the liquid coming from what I thought was the creature’s mouth wasn’t saliva.

And as the monstrosity turned towards us I saw that in the hole I took to be a mouth there was in fact an eye, and in this eye I saw a torment greater than anything living has ever known.

It wasn’t saliva.

It wasn't saliva

3 comments: